3.22.10 – 12:00PM – by Jordan Breindel
A Ton of Money, All in One Place
Dollar bills aren’t very thick: .0043 inches per bill according to the U.S. Treasury. Stacked vertically, a million dollars in hundred dollar bills would be less than four feet high. That’s shorter than the average seven year old. That might not sound like much, but trust us, it is.
Take a look at these pictures of a ton of money, all in one place.
- $205 million seized from a Mexican drug dealer’s house
- Yep, those are pennies. 100 million of them, as part of Common Cents’ Penny Harvest.
- A million Euros.
- Shredded Money, by artist Jan Henderikse. It hurts just looking at it.
- $41 million seized in Columbia
- Seized on a bus in Laredo, Texas. No one claimed it, so if you’re looking for a couple extra bucks…